HURON COUNTY CLERK OF COURTS JOB POSTING
Title: Deputy Clerk of Courts, Title Office
Status: Unclassified, 20 hours per week average (possible rotating Saturday morning shifts included)
Job Summary: The Deputy Clerk of Courts, Title Office, is appointed by and works under the auspices of the Huron County Clerk of Courts. This position performs functions of the Title Division and provides support to citizens by issuing vehicle titles, memos, liens, and duplicate titles, as well as by performing general office functions, including, but not necessarily limited to, those listed below.
Pay Range: $13.00-$14.25 per hour
- Issues titles, memos, liens and duplicate titles. Collects fees and taxes; files documents; enters computer data; scans; corresponds by telephone or in writing; issues fax and copy entries; prepares deposits; and operates office equipment.
- Assists the general public, automobile and boat dealers, attorneys, and bank personnel in processing and issuing titles.
- Notarizes documents, completes forms, collects taxes, fees, etc.
- Explains corrections and additional information necessary to transfer or assign titles, cancel liens, etc.
- Processes and researches requests for information in person and via telephone (e.g. lost titles, tax totals, fee totals, lien cancellations, etc.).
- Calculates total taxes on titles and total costs, reconciles and balances daily fees collected; prepares and collates daily activity sheets (number and kinds of titles, etc.).
- Types and/or copies documentation generated by title activities (letters, titles, tax and fee reports, watercraft, inter-county and state reports, etc.).
- Prepares and distributes required reports to various state offices on office activities; prepares report for Bureau of Motor Vehicles on number of titles issued; prepares report to State Treasurer on fees collected; types, copies and files reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to relate well with the public, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Exhibit professionalism in manner and appearance.
- Excellent comprehension and the ability to learn quickly.
- Detail oriented and accurate.
- Exhibit motivation, a positive and helpful attitude, and commitment.
- Multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment where excellent customer service is required.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school graduate/GED
- Proficiency in word processing, typing, and data entry.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested submit Resume and Employment Application to Lara Hozalski, Deputy Director of Human Resources, 12 E. Main Street, Suite 513 or email@example.com
You can find our application at: https://www.hccommissioners.com/employment-opportunities/.
Deadline: Until filled.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SERVICE PROVIDER