NOTICE OF JOB OPENING
Job Title: Clerical Assistant – Unclassified, full-time, non-exempt.
Wages: $13.00-15.00 per hour starting rate
Job Summary: Executes a variety of receptionist/clerical duties under the direction of the Huron County Commissioner’s Administrator/Clerk. This position will support the Administrator/Clerk and Administrative assistant by managing communications, greeting and directing individuals to desired locations, indexing journals, and transcribing meeting minutes along with various other clerical tasks.
- Performs receptionist/clerical duties and administration support.
- Manages and distributes communication as required.
- Greets and directs individuals to desired locations.
- Prepares correspondence and proofreads to ensure accuracy.
- Indexes Commissioners’ journal.
- Processes resolutions and paperwork for Commissioners’ board meetings.
- Transcribes meeting minutes.
- Organizes various meetings for the Commissioners, (such as the Planning Commission) and assists in the development of agendas, minutes and notices for these meetings.
- Travels in and out of county for various meetings and functions.
- Maintains accurate records and communicates effectively.
- Handles sensitive inquires and contacts with officials and the general public.
- Safeguards information of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- Assists with administrative assistant duties when needed.
- All other duties requested by the Administrator/Clerk.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of government structure and process.
- Knowledge of County policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of County services and office locations.
- Knowledge of computer software.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school graduate/GED.
- Possess or obtain valid Ohio driver’s license within thirty (30) days of appointment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in public sector
- Notary Public
All office equipment, including, but not limited to, computers, keyboards, telephone system equipment, copiers, scanners, recorders, projectors, and facsimile machines.
Most work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment. The job requires sitting (sometimes for long periods), standing, walking, bending, stooping, and light lifting (20 pounds), pulling, or reaching. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Application and Selection Procedures:
Candidates should submit Huron County Application for Employment, which can be found at
(http://www.hccommissioners.com), to the HR Office, 12 E. Main St., Suite 513, Norwalk, OH 44857.
Applications will also be accepted electronically at email@example.com. Full job description can also be found at the aforementioned site. The successful candidate will be subject to pre-employment drug testing, a driving record check and a full background investigation. Only those to be interviewed will be contacted. Position is open until filled.
Huron County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Applications are subject to public records law.