POSITION TITLE: Fiscal Coordinator Posted Date: 1/26/21
Posting Number: 2021-1
Reports to: Business Administrator
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Classification Number: 70183
Prepared by: Human Resources Administrator
Approved by: Executive Director
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university in Business Administration, Public Administration, Accounting, or Finance; Master’s degree preferred. -and-
- 1-2 years’ experience in accounting, finance, or related field.
Or education, training and/or experience in the amount equal to the Minimum Qualifications stated above.
Pay Range: $17.31-$25.96 per hour; Plus $.85 cents/hour for master’s degree or $.60 cents/hour for bachelor’s degree
coordinates, and assists with monitoring a variety of fiscal duties such as
allocations and appropriations, contracts, and participating in budget
formation. Facilitates and participates in the continuous quality improvement
process of the agency by evaluating Random Moment Samples (RMS)/ financial and
program data/ information, recording results for evaluation, and creating
recommendations to increase quality and efficiency. Assists with agency
contract development and monitoring to meet federal, state and local
regulations and supports the agency fiscal staff by performing the following
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates RMS process through ensuring timely and accurate completion of assigned RMS.
- Maintains and submits quarterly reports through the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services (ODJFS) WebRMS system.
- Compiles and analyzes RMS and financial data used in agency operations.
- Prepares purchase orders, vouchers, and recap schedules for invoices related to various accounts.
- Assists with processing payroll and accounts payable.
- Works with Auditor’s office to ensure accuracy of accounts and funding source.
- Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment.
- Manages procurement for combined agency regarding all purchases of equipment and supplies.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of fiscal contracts and professional service. agreements to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws, rules, and guidelines.
- Tracks agency inventory by labeling items, updating Auditor’s Office, and performing record retention for the Fiscal Department.
- Monitors and reviews employee benefits to assure accuracy.
- Participates in the preparation of various financial statements and reports.
- Serves as back-up to Business Administrator and Fiscal Officer as needed.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars to maintain a working knowledge of program area.
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio’s driver’s license and possess auto insurance in accordance with ORC 4509.5.
- Other duties as directed by Business Administrator and/or Director.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of payroll and accounts payable practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer systems, spreadsheets and applications and related payroll software.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws relating to public accounting and contracts.
- Skill in Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Skill in interpreting and analyzing payroll data and contracts.
- Skill in examining documents for correctness and interpreting their accuracy.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in preparing written and verbal communications.
- Ability to perform mathematical computations and compute ratios and percentages.
- Ability to prepare comprehensive reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of financial matters.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested submit Resume, Cover Letter, and Employment Application to Lara Hozalski,
Human Resources Administrator, 185 Shady Lane Drive, Norwalk, Ohio 44857 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can find our application at: https://www.huroncountydjfs.com/careers
Deadline: Until filled
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SERVICE PROVIDER