- Posted Date: 3/22/2021
- Posting Number: 2021-7
- Department: Family Support Services/Workforce Development
- Reports to: Family Support/Workforce Development Administrator
- Status: Non-Bargaining
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Classification Number: 60132
- Hours: 8:00-4:30 (flexible, nights and weekends expected)
- Prepared by: Human Resources Administrator
- Approved by: Executive Director
- Associates degree required with at least two years’ experience in human services related field; Bachelor’s degree preferred. -or-
- Education, training and/or experience in the amount equal to minimum qualifications stated above.
Pay Range: $16.00-$24.00 per hour plus education and longevity
Develops and delivers agency training programs, by planning, designing, presenting, and evaluating programs for use by agency members. Presents agency training to staff and participates in quality assurance reviews, report writing, and carries a confidential case load. Attends meetings, workshops, and seminars in order to keep agency current on all training and development needs.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and delivers training curriculums to agency staff and community members in groups, meetings, and individually.
- Implements program trainings based on policy, procedures, and information gathered from the state and other outside sources.
- Works with management to assess departmental training needs and makes recommendations to address training gaps.
- Conducts in-house quality control review of cases to evaluate processes for accuracy, timeliness, and efficacy to reduce errors for cases as assigned.
- Prepares written summaries on cases reviewed for quality control and notifies supervisor and/or administrator regarding errors for training purposes.
- Maintains working knowledge of community resources and makes immediate referrals for applicable services.
- Serves as a program computer Superuser for various state and agency computer programs.
- Answers routine questions and inquiries by clients, staff, and community partners.
- Attends county conferences and state hearings.
- Maintains program specific confidential caseload and serves as a backup to agency staff as needed.
- Assists in the process of employee evaluations and developing position descriptions.
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for Administrator.
- Attends regular meetings, conferences and trainings (travel required) to remain current on program practice as well as training techniques.
- Helps develop and implement new programs for agency, and consistently reviews and evaluates programs for efficacy, quality, and accuracy.
- Adheres to all relevant federal, state, and local rules and guidelines, and internal procedures.
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio’s driver’s license and auto insurance in accordance with ORC 4509.5.
- Must demonstrate regular and predictable attendance
- Other duties as directed by Administrator and/or Executive Director.
NON- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates a motor vehicle in the course of agency business.
- Participates on internal and external committees related to program/department.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge in laws, rules, and best practices standards regarding training practices.
- Knowledge of training, learning, and quality assurance principles and practices.
- Skill in training program planning, development, and delivery.
- Skill in utilizing computer systems, scanning software, and virtual teleconferencing.
- Skill in problem solving and analyzing complex data.
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
- Ability to perform a training gap analysis and effectively communicate findings.
- Ability to answer routine questions and inquiries from staff and clients.
- Ability to maintain complete and accurate records.
- Ability to prepare accurate and concise written assessments, case notes, and reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested submit Resume, Cover Letter, and Employment Application to Lara Hozalski,
Human Resources Administrator, 185 Shady Lane Drive, Norwalk, Ohio 44857 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can find our application at: https://www.huroncountydjfs.com/careers
Deadline: March 31, 2021
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SERVICE PROVIDER