Position Title: Assistant Solid Waste Coordinator
Reports to: Huron County Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Unclassified/ non-Exempt
Revision Date: 6/28/2021
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Huron County Director of Operations, assists with the management and implementation of the Huron County solid waste plan. Performs grant related activities and plans/coordinates community solid waste/ recycling educational programs.
Starting Wage: $17.00 to $19.00/Hour
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Retirement Pension
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness Eligible Employer
- Life Insurance Policy
- Assists with the management/ coordination of the agency and implementation of solid waste plan.
- Communicates with government officials on new or contemplated plan activities.
- Assists with the development of policies and procedures related to plan implementation.
- Stays current on federal, state, and local laws and regulations which may impact of the operation of the Solid Waste District and advises Director of Operations of same.
- Plans and coordinates public, professional, and community solid waste/ recycling educational programs.
- Develops and prepares curricula, presentations, and promotional materials.
- Organizes, delivers, and/or facilitates classes, workshops, seminars, and other training services regarding community solid waste/ recycling educational programs.
- Researches, prepares, implements, and monitors state/federal grants.
- Organizes and maintains accurate documentation for grant programs.
- Ensures proper administration of grant monies.
- Assists Director of Operations with the preparation and/or maintenance of records, reports, and other documentation (amount of waste generated, recycling, base, EPA reports, Board of Director’s reports, etc.)
- Prepares equipment specifications and submits for approval.
- Interacts with media to provide information on solid waste issues or programs (used oil recycling, reuse flea market, waste tire amnesty day, etc.)
- Assists with the development of annual budget request and the monitoring of expenditures to ensure adherence to budgetary limitations.
- Travels in and out of county for various meetings and functions.
- Maintains accurate records and communicates effectively.
- Safeguards information of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- All other duties requested by the Huron County Director of Operations.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of solid waste management and Solid Waste District.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing solid waste management.
- Knowledge of government structure and processes.
- Knowledge of management/ organizational practices and procedures.
- Skilled in Microsoft Suite software.
- Skilled in grant writing.
- Skill in budget administration.
- Skill in effective oral and written communication.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to calculate fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate documentation.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
- Possess or obtain valid Ohio driver’s license within thirty (30) days of appointment.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Two (2) years training or experience in solid waste coordination.
All office equipment, including, but not limited to, computers, keyboards, telephone system equipment, copiers, scanners, recorders, projectors, and facsimile machines.
Most work is performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment. The job requires sitting (sometimes for long periods), standing, walking, bending, stooping, and light lifting (20 pounds), pulling, or reaching. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested submit Resume and Employment Application to Lara Hozalski, Deputy Director of Human Resources, 12 E. Main Street, Suite 513 or email@example.com.
You can find our application at: https://www.hccommissioners.com/employment-opportunities/.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SERVICE PROVIDER