The Huron County Prosecuting Attorney is seeking a full-time Legal Secretary/Assistant.
Wage range: $18.00-$20.00/hr. or higher depending upon experience and qualifications. This full time position is eligible for medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits as well as enrollment in the Ohio Public Employee Retirement System (OPERS). FLSA status-Unclassified.
Legal Secretary Job Purpose: Provides administrative assistance and support to Prosecuting Attorney, his assistant prosecuting attorneys, and other staff.
Felony Division Legal Secretary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Extensive familiarity with, and ability to use, Microsoft Office, including Word and basic familiarity with Excel software.
2. Use of MatrixPointe software legal platform in all aspects of processing Felony Division cases.
3. Drafting of a variety of legal documentation.
4. Manage and direct all incoming inquiries (whether by phone, mail, email, or office visit) to the Criminal Division, Civil Division, Juvenile Division, and/or Victim’s Assistance Unit.
5. Necessary Skills/Qualifications: knowledge of office practices, procedures, legal terminology, and general understanding of court procedures; knowledge and ability to operate modern office equipment; managing processes; organization; analyzing information, excellent verbal and written communication, reporting skills, administrative writing skills, ability to develop and maintain an effective working relationship with supervisors, administrators, and associates. All skills performed in a professional manner.
6. Must be able to pass a criminal background check through State and Federal authorities.
7. Must possess a valid Ohio driver’s license and maintain insurability under the county’s vehicle insurance policy.
Qualifications Desirable for Employment:
High school diploma or GED; courses in secretarial or office procedures; prior legal secretarial experience preferred or technical training in business, paralegal, or law enforcement or a related field and three (3) years of experience including public contact and secretarial work, preferable in a law office; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and references stating your ability to address the responsibilities of this position to: Huron County Prosecuting Attorney, ATTN: Chief Assistant, Randal L. Strickler, 12 East Main Street, 4th Floor, Norwalk, OH 44857, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. This tremendous job opportunity will remain open until filled.
The Huron County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer