POSITION TITLE: Investigator 2
Posted Date: 7/26/2021
Posting Number: 2021-18
Department: Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA)
Reports to: Investigator Supervisor 1
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Classification Number: 30142
Working Hours: 8:00 A.M.- 4:30 P.M. (flexible)
Prepared by: Deputy Director of Human Resources
Approved by: Executive Director
- Completion of two years technical training or undergraduate major core coursework in criminology, social work, psychology or related field;
- Or two years’ experience in performing child support functions to include conducting investigations to locate absent parents, establishment of paternity, and enforcement of child support orders;
- Or one course or six months experience in interviewing techniques, one course or six months experience in business math, one course or six months experience in case preparation techniques, one course or six months experience in techniques of writing, and one course or six months experience in typing, keyboarding or word processing;
- Education, training and/or experience in an amount equal to the Minimum Qualifications stated above.
PREFERRED QUALIFTICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or Human Services related field
Starting Wage: $14.64 per hour plus education and longevity
Establishes, enforces, and monitors child support orders to ensure case information is updated and accurate. Prepares legal pleadings and other documentation for administrative, court, and state hearings. Conducts investigations/ locate, administrative reviews, and testifies in court.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish, enforce, and monitor child support orders.
- Conducts investigations and interviews parties and/or witnesses.
- Conducts search to locate parties of child support orders, their income, and employment.
- Make PRC referrals for CSEA participants who appear to meet PRC eligibility requirements.
- Review child support orders to ensure compliance with CSEA guidelines.
- Calculates modified support orders manually or through use of computer software.
- Prepares findings of results of review for increase and/or decrease in child support and ensures parties are given notice of due process.
- Responsible for responding to request for review dates.
- Responsible for scheduling and sending notice of administrative review dates.
- Prepares legal pleadings and other documentation for court.
- Maintains logs, records, and reports to compile and evaluate information and prepare written report of findings and/or recommendations.
- Prepare and send notices to case participants in compliance with state and federal child support laws.
- Testifies in court and state hearings as needed.
- Performs clerical tasks related to position.
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio’s driver’s license and auto insurance in accordance with ORC 4509.5.
- Must demonstrate regular and predictable attendance
- Other duties as directed by Supervisor, Administrator and/or Executive Director.
NON- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends conferences, workshops, and training sessions pertinent to job duties to meet state mandates.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of child support laws, rules, regulations, and best practices,
- Knowledge of government structure and processes relating to investigations.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques.
- Knowledge of court processes.
- Skill in dealing with a variety of variables in a somewhat unfamiliar context.
- Skill in utilizing computer systems, scanning software.
- Skill in adding, subtracting, and multiply & divide whole numbers.
- Ability to connect clients to community resources.
- Ability to prepare and maintain accurate and concise written records, case notes, and reports.
- Ability to read and comprehend court pleadings.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested submit Resume and Employment Application to Lara Hozalski, Deputy Director of Human Resources, 185 Shady Lane Drive, Norwalk, Ohio 44857 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
You can find our application at: https://www.huroncountydjfs.com/careers
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SERVICE PROVIDER