- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college/university in human services related field; Master’s degree in Social Work preferred. -or-
- Bachelor’s degree in any field and employed for at least two years in a human services related occupation.
Starting Wage: $17.04 per hour plus education, longevity, and licensure
Investigates claims of abuse and neglect for children and older adults. Maintains caseload of children/families who have been determined to require the protective assistance services of the agency. May manage caseload of foster care and/or adoption assessments and placements.
Prepares child and/or older adult related cases for court, participates in legal action to establish legal guardianship in cases related to older adults, and meets procedural deadlines governing the management of social services cases set by the State of Ohio.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assesses cases screened in as child maltreatment, dependency, and/or families in need of services.
- Utilizes appropriate tools for information gathering, assessment, and decision making.
- Participates on the 24-hour Hotline team on a rotating basis.
- Conducts interviews with alleged victims, parents, caregivers, and witnesses.
- Works closely with law enforcement, schools, hospitals, mental health professionals, and other community partners.
- Responds immediately to situations of imminent risk of harm utilizing law enforcement, safety plans, and/or court intervention as needed.
- Provides case counseling, case management, and supportive services to clients and their families, including kinship caregivers.
- Maintains working knowledge of community resources and makes immediate referrals for applicable services.
- Prepares case plans and provides supportive services to assist families in meeting case plan objectives.
- Prepares and files summaries for motions and testifies in court.
- Provides placement services for children which includes preparing child for placement and gathering documentation for placement options/alternatives.
- Maintains complete and thorough documentation and case records and fully adheres to timeframes for completion of written work including assessments, case plans, case reviews, other documentation.
- Adheres to all relevant federal, state, and local rules and guidelines, and internal procedures.
- Must possess a valid State of Ohio’s driver’s license and auto insurance in accordance with ORC 4509.5.
- Must demonstrate regular and predictable attendance
- Other duties as directed by Supervisor, Administrator and/or Executive Director.
NON- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attends conferences, workshops and training sessions pertinent to job duties to meet state mandates.
- Participates on internal and external committees related to program/department.
- Meets all job safety requirements and all applicable OSHA safety standards that pertain to the position.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge in laws, rules, and best practices standards governing Children and Adult Protective Services
- Knowledge of issues that create risk for children and their families including substance abuse, domestic violence, mental health issues, and poverty.
- Knowledge of court processes and procedures.
- Skill in client engagement, interviewing techniques, crisis intervention, and case management.
- Skill in utilizing computer systems, scanning software, and virtual teleconferencing.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to connect clients to community resources.
- Ability to develop strong partnerships with community partners.
- Ability to use assessment tools and professional judgment to determine if a child/adult is at risk of harm, and act accordingly.
- Ability to prepare accurate and concise written assessments, case notes, and reports.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested submit Resume and Employment Application to Lara Hozalski, Human Resources Administrator, 185 Shady Lane Drive, Norwalk, Ohio 44857 or email@example.com .
You can find our application at: https://www.huroncountydjfs.com/careers
Deadline: March 31, 2021
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SERVICE PROVIDER