HURON COUNTY COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE, JOB POSTING
Position Title: Maintenance/HVAC Worker
Reports to: Huron County Director of Operations
Status: Bargaining- AFSME, Ohio Council 8, Local 710
FLSA Status: Classified/ non-Exempt
Revision Date: 8/16//2021
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Huron County Director of Operations, is responsible for ensuring that all repairs and maintenance work are performed on all heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems in all county buildings. This individual also may complete general repairs of plumbing and electrical systems.
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Paid vacation, sick, and personal time
- Ten (10) paid holidays
- Retirement Pension
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness Eligible Employer
- Life Insurance Policy
- Completes maintenance and repair of the commercial heating and air conditioning equipment.
- Sets, adjusts, and calibrates controls on commercial heating and air conditioning systems.
- Leads the preventive and protective maintenance program, ensuring that the County has an accurate inventory of all HVAC equipment and a schedule to maintain that equipment in a cost-effective way.
- Maintains records of all HVAC equipment and develops upgrading and cost-effective improvement plans for all units.
- Reads blueprints to determine size, position, and amount of materials needed for existing County buildings or new construction.
- Assumes responsibility for repair and servicing of boilers.
- Performs other functions and related duties as requested or assigned.
- Completes all tasks as assigned in a timely manner.
- All other duties requested by the Huron County Director of Operations.
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships.
- Ensures that doors are secured at designated times.
- Temporary assignment to other positions within the unit as required.
- Mows lawns and removes snow or debris from walkways.
- Repairs or replaces plumbing fixtures, including cutting threads and band pipes using hand or power tools.
- Performs tests to set baseline data on motors, fans, electrical controls, and air conditioning units.
- Performs rough and finished carpentry.
- Repairs plaster or drywall; lays brick or block.
- Paints and repairs facilities, equipment, and fixtures.
- Repairs mowers and other small power equipment and hand tools.
- Assists in lawn care, trimming shrubbery and flowers.
- Performs building checks during designated hours.
- Operates the facility management system (computer) when required.
Required Education and experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Certified as an Air Conditioning Technician.
- Certified as a State Refrigerant Recovery Agent.
- At least three years of experience in installation, start-up, and maintenance of commercial air conditioning units with a recognized HVAC contractor.
- Valid Ohio driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Special HVAC training and experience relevant to the repair and maintenance of County heating and air conditioning systems.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Substantial general maintenance experience.
- At least two years of blueprint reading.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills.
- Completion of trade or vocational school training in HVAC.
- Valid Ohio commercial driver’s license.
- Huron County resident or neighboring county resident so as to be able to respond quickly to after-hours or emergency calls.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of electrical circuiting and controls.
- Knowledge of plumbing and pneumatic controls.
- Knowledge of building and grounds maintenance methods, tools, materials, and supplies.
- Knowledge of construction and safety practices and procedures.
- Skilled in mechanical repair.
- Skilled at operating equipment, hand, and power tools.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with others.
- Ability to work with minimal experience.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor (50 pounds) and to work under adverse weather conditions.
- Ability and willingness to follow safe practices and procedures.
- Ability to read blueprints and estimate cost of maintenance repairs.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with elected officials, department heads, supervisors, co-workers, and the general public.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as accept direction on given assignments
Must be able to lift 50 pounds. Must be able to lift, bend, stoop, push, pull, walk, stand, sit, and squat. Must be able to place and climb ladders. Must be able and willing to work at heights and on roofs. Must be able to work in sometimes confined spaces. Must be able to see, hear, communicate, touch, feel, grasp, turn, and manipulate small tools and equipment or be able to perform the essential functions of the position with reasonable accommodation. Must be able to work under various climate and weather conditions, including heat, cold, snow, ice, and sometimes wind or rain. Must be willing and able to respond to after-hours or emergency calls within a reasonable amount of time.
HOW TO APPLY:
If interested submit Resume and Employment Application to Lara Hozalski, Deputy Director of Human Resources, 12 E. Main Street, Suite 513 or email@example.com.
You can find our application at: https://www.hccommissioners.com/employment-opportunities/.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND SERVICE PROVIDER