The Huron County Commissioners will conduct public hearings on Tuesday, March 28, 2023, at 10:00 a.m.; Tuesday, April 4, 2023 at 10:00 a.m.; and Thursday, April 6, 2023; at 10:00 a.m. in the Huron County Board of Commissioners Board room, Top Floor, Huron County Administration Building, 180 Milan Avenue, Norwalk, Ohio 44857 wherein the Board shall hear any person who wishes to testify on the proposed rates or charges for the Huron County Transfer Station. The following proposed rates and/or charges are as follows:
- General Bulk Rate:
The general bulk rate will be $54.50 per ton disposal fee for Municipal Solid Waste, Exempt Waste [Construction and Demolition Debris Waste (CD&D)] and Industrial Waste plus all other appropriate fees and charges.
- Minimum Waste Charge:
$20.00 minimum waste charge for loads of 625 pounds or less. Loads in excess of 625 pounds shall be assessed the appropriate general bulk rate plus all other applicable fees, rates or “Special Charges.” The minimum waste charge includes all “Other Fees” as set forth in paragraph (D) below.
- Special Charges:
a. $4.00 for each tire not to exceed 15 inches in diameter.
b. $6.00 for each tire 16 to 20 inches in diameter.
c. $15.00 for each semi-truck tire.
- $30.00 per ton of Compost; minimum charge of $7.50 not to exceed 500 pounds.
- $10.00 for any untarped or unsecured loads.
- $20.00 for appliance freon removal.
- $35.00 Dig Out charge.
- Other Fees: may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Host Township fee.
- Ohio EPA Fees.
- Solid Waste Mgt. District Fee/Generation Fee.
- All other mandated fees, not controlled by the Board of Huron County Commissioners.
- Roadside litter is exempt from disposal fees with the advance approval of the Huron County Solid Waste Mgt. District.
- Transfer Station Hours:
- Monday through – Friday 7:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Saturday – 7:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Sunday – Closed
- Monthly account customers shall be mailed invoices on or near the 1st day of the month for the immediate previous month’s disposal at the Huron County Transfer Station. Payment is due within 30 days of the invoicing date. Should payment not be received by the due date, a finance charge of 5% will be assessed on all past due amounts. Should payments become more than two months past due, the customer’s account will be placed on a cash basis for the reminder of the year and until all past due amounts are paid in full.
- The Transfer Station Superintendent has the right to reject any load entering the facility.
By Order Huron County Board of Commissioners
Vickie Ziemba, Administrator/Clerk
Publish: Thursday, March 9, 2023
Monday, March 13, 2023
Monday, March 20, 2023