The Commissioners’ meetings are held every Tuesday and the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month beginning at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioners’ Board Room of the Administration Building. Public comment is scheduled for 9:05 a.m. at each meeting. The deadline to be on the agenda is 2:00 p.m. the day prior to the meeting. If you wish to be on the agenda please contact the Administrator/Clerk to the Board, Vickie Ziemba, at vziemba@HuronCounty-oh.gov or 419-668-3092. All meetings and meeting times are subject to change. Times are approximate based on the amount of time required by each presenter. The public is welcome and encouraged to attend.
Huron County Commissioners’ Meeting Guidelines for Public Comments
- Individuals attending Board meetings must conduct themselves with respect and civility toward others. Public comments shall not include obscenities, defamation, or slander, and shall not violate the Ohio Revised Code provisions concerning Disorderly Conduct or Disturbing a Public Meeting.
- Before the meeting begins, any person intending to speak during the Public Comment portion of the meeting must print their name and agency on the sign in sheet located in the meeting room
- Public comment is limited to three minutes for each person. The Board President shall have discretion to modify this time limit, as well as to limit repetitive comments.
- Discussion between speakers and attendees of the public meeting or hearing is prohibited. A speaker may disagree with or support prior speakers in comments directed to the Board.
- The Board reserves the right to end the total period for public comments at any time.
- Board members are not obligated to respond to comments from the public. Issues requiring possible action by the Board may be added to a future meeting agenda, and issues that can be addressed by staff will be noted.
- A person who disregards the directives of the Board President in enforcing the rules, disturbs the peace at the meeting, makes impertinent or slanderous remarks or generally conducts himself or herself in a boisterous or inappropriate manner while addressing the Board, could be barred from further participation and forfeit any balance of time remaining for his comments.